Yokohama Union Church offers the space for activities to support the church, school and community. Priority is given to church and school activities. The building is a house of God and all activities will respect this place of Christian worship.
A look inside of YUC
regulated by church board based on time/space availability
(Set-up & Clean-up are part of the rental time!)
- Building charges (include utilities & parking)
- ◈ Sanctuary: kitchen & main floor classrooms are included
- ◈ Lower level: Birthday party (2 classrooms & kitchen area)
- ◈ Single classroom
- ◈ Kitchen only
- ◈ Prayer Room
- ◈ Concerts: Includes your rehearsal time
- Weddings: Contact Nahoko at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details with those inquiring
- Funerals: Contact pastor to discuss details & see the funeral handout
- Parking fees
- a. Cars
- b. Large trucks/film crews - under the church (3/2015)
car (under the church)
big van or truck (includes toilets & electricity)
- Regular vendor use
- ❖ Fees are collected monthly
- ❖ January of each year a one-time utility fee
- ❖ You are limited to the same days agreed upon in contract
(i.e. Thursday - then only Thursdays --more than one day charges additional utility fees)
- ❖ Contracted time only - no early entry to school areas or extended stays
- ❖ Church & school activities have priority
- ❖ You are expected to bring your own supplies - come prepared. Church and school resources, computers, furniture and materials are NOT available for your use. You are contracting for the space only.
- ❖ Copies can be made.
- payment at time of copying (record your use in the small blue book at the side of copier)
- ❖ Utility use guidelines: Maximum heat in winter 24C, Minimum cooling in summer: 26
- ❖ Remember to turn off the A/C and lights every time!
How to Book
- Call (045-651-5177)
- Office receives applications & completes an inquiry form; tour if needed
- Complete the agreement form in a timely manner
Dates may be booked one year in advance.
Church Board approval is needed for all functions, so plan accordingly
Church and school activities have priority
- When the application & booking fee is received it is reserved on the Master Calendar by the office only
- Payment by bank transfer is possible:
- Yokohama Bank, Motomachi branch (311)
- Futsu #1150200
- Shukyohojin Yokohama Union Kyokai
Guidelines for Use
- ◇ Set-up & clean-up are part of the rental time - extra time is charged at the rental rate (see above)
- ◇ No proselytizing is allowed
- ◇ Smoking is NOT permitted within YUC and outside only in specified areas.
- ◇ Use of alcohol must have prior approval - YUC reserves the right to refuse its use
- ◇ You are responsible for all damage and must pay for repairs/replacements
- ◇ You must provide your own audio/technical personnel (prior approval required)
- ◇ You must provide your own ushers and parking attendant, if it is a large event - no street parking please
- ◇ Two posters & small flyers for advertising may be displayed - submit them with the application
- ◇ YUC appliances (TV, VCR, kitchen, etc.) will not be used without advance permission
- ◇ Permission for kitchen use must be secured in advance
- ◇ Beverage (coffee, tea, bottles drinks, etc), snack items and paper goods are supplied by your group - coffee pots for 42 cups and hotpots are available for use
Setting up for your event
- ◇ Only green tape is used on the walls and floors; use tarps as needed
- ◇ Piano tuning is at your expense - we have a list of tuners if you need one
- ◇ Safety - Do not block the 3 fire doors in the sanctuary
- ◇ Safety & neighbors - Don't block the street
- ◇ Utility use guidelines: Max heat in winter 24C, Minimum cooling in summer: 26C
- ◇ All facilities must be cleaned prior to departure. Vacuum and cleaning supplies are located in closet near or in the restrooms.
- ◇ All chairs, tables and other items must be cleaned and returned to their proper location after an event unless specified otherwise.
- ◇ Garbage goes home with you
- ◇ Complete the check out sheet and have a church staff person check it
- ◇ Pay any extra charges due at check-out time to the staff person
- ◇ Personal belongings must be taken with you at the time of departure. The church is not responsible for lost or missing items.